Monday, March 31, 2014

5 Years On

I wasn’t paying attention last month and completely forgotten about it, but this blog hit its 5th anniversary on the 3rd of February, 2014.

Seems like I just started out yesterday, but its been a heck of a journey – personally, professionally and intellectually. Reading some of my old posts now, I can see many of my mistakes, but I also see just how much I’ve grown and matured through this process. It’s been an immensely rewarding and enriching experience.

Moreso since, based on my stat counters, the blog also hit 1 million page views some time in January, and over 600,000 visitors. Those are numbers beyond believable, which I never even looked for 5 years ago when this site was started as no more than a personal project to stay connected with my ex-colleagues.

Somehow it grew, and through it I’ve connected with a larger world, a larger Malaysia, than I’d ever thought to see. It’s brought me both friends and enemies, agreements and arguments, and I cherish all alike.

So from the bottom of my heart, to all my readers and commentators, and to my wife who has always encouraged my sometimes crazy mania for blogging, thank you. This site would be nothing without you…and neither would I.

7 comments:

  1. Always looking forward to your views and post.

    Well done on your 5 year anniversary and hers's to many more years of you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the 5th anniversary of sorts.
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing Hishamh and congrats on reaching this milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malaysia should thank you for helping deconstruct complex economics for the understanding of laymen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, well said Kok PK. And Hishamh, congratulation and to many more years to come.

      Zuo De

      Delete
  5. Looking forward for more of your posts on economics Malaysia. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 5 years anniversary and looking forward to your incisive analyses and the engaging discourse that follows

    ReplyDelete